Friday, January 22, 2010

AGAPE ANGEL: Part one- Angels Vs Demons

Behind my wings I hide
from the world outside
from the trails that await my life
to avoid the hypocrisy
to refrain from the hell
of all those that lie to wish you well

"we are all angels,"
the demons laugh
"we are the ideal so you are last,
we are perfection
image of righteousness."
Yet I watch them indulge
in this world's sin.

I follow your religious rituals
Pray to your self righteous perfection
I'm under your spell
Are you God or Satan?
Is this hell or heaven?

I'm surrounded by darkness
I cannot see
We have become
Pharisees

The tear feathers of the innocent wings of their child
for they don't deserve salvation from themselves
My feathers on the ground
drenched in blood
I pray for salvation
for my time to come

My holy leader's eyes
glazed over with hate
He stands in the way
of salvation's gate
Are you God or Satan?
Is this hell or Heaven?
Can love ever reign again?

Pick and Choose
Angel    Demon
Worthy    Worthless
Sinner    Righteous

Who are you?
Demon or Angel?
Righteous or Humble?

I thought he was sent to save not condemn
Are we to make the choices for him?

I follow your guidelines,
Laws,
and I feel something is wrong
on the brink of innocence
Justice vanishes into the mist.

Now I'm on the brink of condemnation
Barely Seeking Imperfection
My Blood is deemed unclean
I cry to the heavens
to have my soul demonically redeemed

Angel or Demon?
Which are my wings?

2 comments:

  1. I love the bit about being "on the brink of innocence." Such an eloquent bit of writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love.
And that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be nice about it; Be Honest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...